[Laszlo-dev] Importing OpenLaszlo compiled movie clips
dl.lists at ntlworld.com
Sat Mar 25 18:01:19 EST 2006
It is a known restriction that OpenLaszlo canvas cannot import as resources *.swf files
compiled in same OpenLaszlo. Something to do with clash of classes in the clips.
So one experiment I'm playing with is to import OpenLaszlo compiled movie clips into a
parent container compiled by SWFmill.
SWFmill works fine with conventional Flash movie clips.
But this container approach does not work with OpenLaszlo clips.
The view is always rendered as blank.
Any suggestions why OpenLaszlo clips cannot be imported into SWFmill ?
What is required for OpenLaszlo clips to be imported as assets into SWFmill?
Here is the test environment:-
* Download swfmill (c:\swfmill) and place path to swfmill.exe in %PATH%
* Compile simple OpenLaszlo swf .. openlaszlo.swf .. with a coloured view and text -
* Create parent.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?>
<movie width="200" height="200" framerate="12">
<!-- first frame -->
<!-- add OpenLaszlo compiled asset to the library -->
<clip id="test" import="openlaszlo.swf"/>
<place id="test" name="test" x="0" y="0" depth="1"/>
<!-- some empty frames -->
* Navigate to folder containing parent.xml file, and run this DOS command (or place
in batch file build.bat)
swfmill simple parent.xml parent.swf
* Now click on SWFmill compiled parent.swf .. view is blank!
* And if in parent.xml conventional (Flash 5 assets .. such as logo.swf) are imported
together with OpenLaszlo movieclips, the view of logo.swf is also suppressed.
* Here is the SWFmill tutorial:-
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Laszlo-dev